- The Constitution of South Africa (Act 108 of 1996) affords all its citizens the right to privacy in terms of section 14 (d).
- However your use of the www.travelexperience.co.za is for personal use as well as transacting with Travel Experience and accordingly the right of privacy afforded as aforesaid and pertaining to such communications and data conveyed (‘the Information’) during the course of such usage and transactions is limited and is subject to inter alia the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, Act 25 of 2002 (‘ECT’) and the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act number 2 of 2000 (‘PAIA’).
- You are, by using the www.travelexperience.co.za, deemed, in terms of section 51 of the ECT, to grant Travel Experience express written permission to store, use and disclose the Information for the purposes of any business you may now or in future transact with Travel Experience to any of the third party providers of products and services (‘Third Parties’).
- Travel Experience will use its best endeavours to ensure in disclosing the Information complies with the PAIA and that such disclosure is not, to the best of its knowledge, unreasonable (section 34), will not to the best of its knowledge, cause harm to the user’s commercial or financial interests (section 36), constitute an action for breach of a duty of confidence owed to the user (section 37), or could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of the user (section 38).
- The Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communications-related Information Act (70/2002) (‘RICA’) affords Travel Experience certain rights to monitor inter alia electronic communications via its network. By using the network of Travel Experience the user consents to such interception within the ambit of RICA.